SAFETY GLASSES [GOGGLES]: Variety
A variety of glasses and goggles including Black frame, Clear single piece, Nasal bridge. When utilizing tools or laboratory equipment, these safety glasses are used to protect the eyes from dust, fumes, impacts, and many more. Always wear safety glasses when working with substances that could potentially hurt the eyes. Vision is a valuable asset that must be safeguarded while working in the lab or any other environment.
These are some types of potential dangers you should be aware of:
- Flying Objects: Anything that could strike your face. This includes glass, wood, metal, and any other equipment.
- Fine particles: This includes dust, dirt, and any other dangerous tiny particles. For instance, if you are cutting something to obtain a sample, safety glasses are likely required.
- Radiation: When dealing with visual radiation, you must use eyewear with the proper filtration. Visible light, ultraviolet light, infrared, and lasers are examples.
- Splashes: Wear eye protection when working with substances that could splash in your eyes. This is vital if the substance is caustic, acidic, or basic. However, it is prudent to exercise caution even with compounds that appear safe.
- Fumes: Some laboratory tasks emit vapors that might irritate the eyes. Similar to splashes, it is necessary to use caution. Use extreme caution with anything heated.
- Biological Substances: Wear eye protection when working with blood or any other biohazardous substance. The eyes can transmit infections like hepatitis and HIV. Two types of polycarbonate glasses: