[Info excerpt from Molymod: ‘….
● Quality colour-coded, 3D educational models
● Organic / inorganic chemistry, biochemistry & general science
● For use by students & teachers at school, college or university
● Atom parts range in size from 17 to 23 mm.
● Inorganic kits: molymod® inorganic, self-
● Biochemistry Sets:
The following biochemical self-assembly semi-space-filling kits are available: glucose; sucrose; starch, fat; saturated fat; un-saturated fat; cholesterol; amino acids (7 and 20 model collection sets); polypeptide; protein beta-pleated sheet and alpha helix.
● miniDNA® advanced miniDNA® and RNA kits:
The advanced miniDNA® system comprises colour-coded, abstract-shaped parts designed to represent the nitrogenous bases, pentagonal sugar and pyramidal phosphate components needed to make a double-helix model of DNA. The three hydrogen bonds that connect Cytosine to Guanine and the two that connect Thymine to Adenine are represented by the appropriate number of pegs. Two DNA kits are available to make either a 12-layer (1 turn) or 22-layer (2 turns) DNA model. The models can be displayed on their stands, or unzipped into a ladder form to demonstrate the process of Replication. A similar approach can be taken with the two RNA kits to model the process of Protein Synthesis known as Transcription….’]