DIALYSIS TUBING: Visking, 1M, 5M, 30M
These Visk dialysis tubing are semi-permeable membranes made of regenerated cellulose using the viscose process. Available widths are 25mm, 34mm, 44mm, 77mm with set length variations available.
Membrane Features and Benefits:
• pH chemical stability range of 5 to 9 and are stable in weak acids and bases
• Great compatibility with many salts –CaCl2, (NH4)2SO4, etc and with most aqueous organic solvents, such as alcohols and ketones
• Excellent temperature resistance. Membranes are sensitive to cellulose activity when humidified but using a preservative like benzoate will control bacterial growth
• Membranes can be sterilized by autoclave. Membranes with aqueous solutions can be frozen
• Sensitive to microbial activity when humidified, however, growth of cellulolytic micro-organisms can be prevented by keeping the membrane in water containing benzoate, benzoic acid, or other preservatives
• Very low protein absorption. < 1 ng/g of dry membrane
• Contains low levels of contaminants, some membranes contain glycerin as a humectant, contaminants may be removed by boiling prior to use.